Tuning discounts

Owen J Greyling, RPT greyco@adan.kingston.net
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 17:54:54 -0600

At 03:37 PM 3/29/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, everyone.
>
>I recently asked some questions to the piano teachers' list concerning
>tuning fees and pitch raising. One question I asked was this:
>
> "Would you or your students be more likely to have their piano serviced
>regularly" (I meant more often) "if they would receive a discount? (For
>instance  20% off if serviced every 6 months and 10% off if done every 12
>months.) Or would it only be "nice", but if not available, would still
>probably get the same work done?"
>
>Here's a response from Linda in Arkansas:
>
>"I definitely would have my 2 pianos in my studio tuned at 3 month
>intervals IF I could receive a discount.  I just can't afford more than
>twice a year.  I've often wished that techs would take into consideration
>that individual teachers refer as many as 50 - 100 people to them for
>tuning jobs annually.
>
>I believe that the parents of my students would have their pianos tuned
>more often with a discount also.  I insist on a tuning at least once a
>year, but I know of a few who don't follow through on this."
>
>That's one response.
>
>Have a great Easter!
>
>Wally
>

>I just don't get it... The manufacturer of the instrument suggests tuning
at least 2 times a year.Why should the piano technician discount simply to
get the client to properly take care of their(not mine) piano????? OBTW  50
- 100 referals a year.. I might consider giving FREE service if the piano
teacher could really deliver.   Just my opinion
"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"
                     Owen J. Greyling, RPT