Tuning discounts

wtscherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 15:37:10 -0500

Hi, everyone.

I recently asked some questions to the piano teachers' list concerning
tuning fees and pitch raising. One question I asked was this:

 "Would you or your students be more likely to have their piano serviced
regularly" (I meant more often) "if they would receive a discount? (For
instance  20% off if serviced every 6 months and 10% off if done every 12
months.) Or would it only be "nice", but if not available, would still
probably get the same work done?"

Here's a response from Linda in Arkansas:

"I definitely would have my 2 pianos in my studio tuned at 3 month
intervals IF I could receive a discount.  I just can't afford more than
twice a year.  I've often wished that techs would take into consideration
that individual teachers refer as many as 50 - 100 people to them for
tuning jobs annually.

I believe that the parents of my students would have their pianos tuned
more often with a discount also.  I insist on a tuning at least once a
year, but I know of a few who don't follow through on this."

That's one response.

Have a great Easter!

Wally