Tuning Records

Jeff Franson jefpiano@hpdc.com
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:56:26 -0700

	Tuning records, history should be kept and maintained with the piano.
Information including temprature, humidity,  piano zero, Pitch raises,
replacement parts before service can quickly note problems. Complete
documentation like check lists, (The Piano Action Handbook pages 3.3 to
3.7) adds to the value of the piano, aids in collection of warranty work
from manufactures, insurance companys, shows a higher standard of care to
the customer and the patient,The Piano!!!

	I have a good case that Im not quiet sure how to advise a school system,
three pianos have been vandalized with dry charge fire extinguishers, the
chemical left inside the piano  is a very fine powder and abrasive, the
school has vacumed out most of the powder and will try to blow the rest out
with a air compressor. Im not sure we can get all of the powder out of the
action centers and wound strings.

Jeff Franson
Haxtun, CO.