Marks inside pianos

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:40:18 -0700

At 08:47 AM 3/26/97 +0900, Garrett wrote:

>I am amazed when the technician places their (adhesive) company sticker
>on the plate.  I am even more amazed when they place it over the serial
>number.  All to often I found this on the Steinways. It is almost as if

I think we ALL hate that one!

>their territory. Really so unnecessary. There are more subtle, more
>civilized and less damaging ways of marking your territory. Interaction
>with the customer i.e.: phone calls, refrigator magnets, an occasional

While cruising the stationary store one day I found these nifty self-stick
refrigerator magnets designed for a business card. A few minutes spent with
Printmaster Gold and the laser printer produced some very nice tuning record
cards which stick to the plate and are easily removed.

I've also made up some display cards for a few pianos which give the maker,
place of origin, the date and a line saying the piano is serviced by myself
with my phone number for "The XXXX Family". These I laminate in plastic for
permanence and can go on a refrigerator too.

Just don't store them near your computer or disks... B-})

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com