Celeste la vie

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:02:36 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:27:12 -0500 (EST)
> From:          A440A@aol.com
> Subject:       Celeste la vie
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

I have a celeste her with the SF Ballet that I have worked on.
I don't remember if it is a Schiedmayer or not but it is pretty
simple mechanism.  I agree with Ed, that you should be able
regulate it.  Mine has hammer, shanks and flanges with the
hammer upside down, hitting down onto the bar.  Thick wire
connectors to the back of the key.  It has four levels of bars
and there doesn't seem to be any logical reason to where the
bars to a particular key are located.  It also had something
spilled into it and one hammer felt was coming off.  The only
glue that worked for me was Titebond.  The only regulation that
I found was hammer blow distance via an adjustment nut at the
end of the key?  Too close and it blocks and too far and it
fails on a soft blow.  These are not precise instruments such as
a piano.

Good luck...

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA