Service Vehicle

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:01:05 -0500 (EST)

<< As a mini-van costs about $10,000 more than a small pickup is it worth the
 added expense?

 Do any of you use a SUV?  Like?  Dislike?

Del,

I went the SUV route (a Ford Bronco II) then moved up to an Aerostar for
several years.  Now I'm using a Ford Ranger with a commercial cap on the
back.  The Bronco was too short to fit actions easily.  The Aerostar was nice
but took a good while to heat or cool.  The truck and cap I have now organize
things well (swing up doors with shelves on the sides) and the big stuff is
accessed by two swing open doors on the back.  This seems to work a lot
better for me than the van did as the organization is much easier to work
with and the cab heats and cools VERY quickly (important feature in the hot
summertimes here).

So far this is my pick after experienceing the others.  Oh yes, I forgot to
mention the '63 Ford Fairlane 2 door hardtop that I had before that - but I
didn't have to transport many actions back then <BG>.

Hope this helps,

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.