Leather hinges

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:02:55 -0500 (EST)

Dear Barrie,

Thanks for the information and the encouragement.  Our American supply houses
are not so much into period instruments, so I will be looking in a leather
shop for something like vellum.

This instrument is further unusual in that the action comes out in two
separate pieces.  The sound board is small, extending only from about an
octave above middle C on to the right, and there is a support for it that
divides the action.  Two key frames, two hammer rails, bass/tenor part has to
slide out first.

Bill Maxim, RPT