Discounts

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 26 Mar 1997 13:51:44 -0600 (CST)

I never discount tuning for either faculty or students. I will however,=20
tend to give faculty a pretty darn good deal when it comes to =20
extensive action work or rebuilding. This they appreciate, and it helps to=
=20
foster a friendship without creating a precedent for regular routine=20
service. With some of these faculty I also have a reciprocal relationship=
=20
that goes deeper than piano service. I have been assisted in some of my=20
private studies, and have been privileged to use the physics lab, for=20
example, all without charge. I also have great flexibility in the day to da=
y=20
operation of my position at school.=20

Every person must determine a =D2guideline=D3 that you are comfortable with=
..
I have suspected that at times I may have discounted further than I had to,=
=20
but this is not necessarily so bad. These things usually tend to come=20
out in the wash, over the long run.=20

Dennis Johnson
ST. Olaf College