Attitudes and a question...

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:57:39 -0500 (EST)

At 09:29 AM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, Phil.
>
>Tempting though the thought might be to buy soneone else's client-
>list and thus save yourself the time and effort of establishing your
>own, I would adivse against it. Starting out doing work for a dealer
>or two in your area and slowly developing your own clientel on the side
>is the way to go. Here's why. (You KNEW there was a story coming, didn't
>you?!).

...and a sad story it is..the one difference is the tuner leaving the
area..let's call him *Scott1*..is a straight-shooter with a GOOD
reputation..i've played on some of his tunings..he's fine..right now he's
out of town till next week, so contact is impossible..

...point taken...point understood..i don't know how much of that applies
here...maybe after i speak with him, between the dealer and him, we can
hammer out an agreement where THEY do most of the leg-work..like customer
contact...this Yami dealer is good for that..ya never know..my shoes still
stink pretty bad from the *big pile* i stepped in last week..!!...

...the other dealer has some interesting repair/regulating work for
me...reglue hammers...re-shape and regulate an old Knabe upright...and
supposedly a Concert Tuning in the very near future...I didn't turn it
down..right now i'm hoping the last guy did a bang-up job...my unisons are
fine, but Temperment is still a little shaky...

....hopin' for the best,
phil