Guidelines...

RPT sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:58:36 +0000

Dennis Johnson writes:
>>The guidelines are a useful tool, but they do not give us much about what
>>actually is happening. Hopefully we can get another survey out sometime
>>soon for a brief description of each school, numbers of pianos and
>>technician names, etc... It would be great to have a database online with
>>that information someday.

Avery Todd responds:
>   That sounds like it might be a good thing to have on the new CAUT Page.
>Maybe Scott Thile might be willing to undertake this. Sorry, Scott. :-) I
>would be *willing* to help if there's any way I could.

This is exactly what we need. I would be happy to help with the survey as
well as publish the results on the CAUT page. I should be able to set it
up as a search able database. I think we need salary information if
possible. I will be negotiating for a pay raise soon, having current
salary stats would be extremely helpful.

As to the response rate- The surveys we have done recently through the
CAUT newsletter and on line through pianotech have had a poor response. I
don't think the home office has current information for the CAUT mailing
list which could be contributing to the poor responses. (I received two
CAUT newsletters last time. They were both addressed to my predecessors
one of which had retired in '91, the other left in early '95.) I will be
working on what needs to happen to update this mailing list.  Some of
that information will also help us with the "CAUT data base".

Scott

Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano - Instrument Technician
Department of Music