Guidelines...

Fri, 21 Mar 1997 07:56:58 -0700

List,

I've left the following intact, because these posts make the point about how
important open, constructive dialogue is on this list.

There is a great disparity between various institutions; and not only as to
pay and
work load.

More to follow, I hope.

Best to all.

Horace

>Dennis:
>
>I think is a great idea.  I have been trying to cull some information for
>my situation here.  I'd be willing to process the data.  We need to come
>up with appropriate questions.  The one thing I have learned from my
>small research of this is that there is a VERY wide disparity in work
>loads at schools.  I suspect there is a very wide disparity of pay also.
>
>dave

>David M. Porritt, RPT
>Meadows School of the Arts
>Southern Methodist University
>Dallas, Texas
>On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Dennis Johnson wrote:
>

>> The guidelines are a useful tool, but they do not give us much about what
>> actually is happening. Hopefully we can get another survey out sometime
>> soon for a brief description of each school, numbers of pianos and
>> technician names, etc... It would be great to have a database online with
>> that information someday.
>>
>> Dennis Johnson
>> St. Olaf College

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu