OUCH! -Reply

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:33:36 -0500 (EST)

I just went to an audiologist today and she recommended "Rock Stars II",
a custom fit thing with changeable filters varying in attenuation (at 125
decibles) from 3.3 all the way to 28.0.  There are five filters, plus
total closure. They can be turned toward the source, or away.  Expensive
little hummers, though!

I have some mild hearing loss, probably due to construction work, flying
private planes for several years, and probably just a bit from
tuning.....  Regarding tuning noise, I heard a local tech tune yesterday
QUIETLY. Seldom a test blow, but the tuning was tight, solid, and
exquisite.

Leslie Bartlett M. Mus
lesbart@juno.com