CAUT info

Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:25:23 -0700

Don,

I'd be interested in the FileMaker Pro stuff.  (I must say that this program is
much more successful for Macs than for PCs; and the cross-platform claims
are - ambitous.)

My own use has been to get together documentation for the subject
institution and then
try to find technicians in the area who have done the same.  By pooling
this information,
the playing field is somewhat leveled.

More later, if there is interest.

Best.

Horace

>List,
>
>On 3/20 Horace wrote:
>
>>At the risk of getting blasted for redundancy, please let me again suggest
>>that y'all get copies of the Guidelines published by the guild.  I've
>>worked with these a good deal, and would be happy to add my share of
>>ignorance to the pool.
>
>No blast from me Horace, I am interested in what you have to share.
>Gathering as much documentation as possible is key to getting an
>administration to at least listen. The CAUT Guidelines publication is a
>useful tool. I am sure many of us would be interested in hearing how you
>used them.
>
>With the expansion of the music building officially under way here at IC, I
>plan to use the Guidelines in my arguments to add another position. In the
>past I have posted information regarding a FileMaker Pro database I
>developed to change the formula results. I believe this will be useful in
>my arguments. Since this has been discussed before I will not go into
>detail now. If anyone is interested let me know. When possible during the
>quest, I will share my successes and failures.
>
>Don McKechnie
>Ithaca College
>dmckech@ithaca.edu
>
>Mark Your Calendars Now For NYSCON 97!