Bechstein-restauration

Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:16:44 -0700

Newton,

I absolutely agree with the mass determination.

Given the changes over the years  in material, etc., would you not agree
that, in today's market, that mass is only _part_ of the issue?

This is firmly in my mind presently, having just dealt with a set of
hammers with moldings that are about 30% thicker (and of a different,
heavier) material than the originals.

Ah, well.

Best.

Horace

>The old hammers and the new hammers have to be weighed in grams.  This is
>the ONLY way to be certain that a new hammer is of the proper weight.
>
>        Newton
>        nhunt@jagat.com

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,