Need Tool case recommendation..

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 20:52:00 -0800

>I know there was a lot of input on various tool cases a while back.
>I've narrowed it down to a nylon zipper case.
>
>Has anyone seen both the one from Schaff and the one from Pianotek?
>The picture in the Schaff catalog is kinda fuzzy.
>
>If you've seen them or used them, can you tell me if there is any
>difference, and if so, what?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barb Barasa
>Ashland OR
>"When nothing is sure,
>     everything is possible."

Barb,

I looked at the catalog bags and decided they were electricians' cases.  So
I went down to RADAR electronics and found the "telephone technician's
case" made by Platt cases.  It was the same price as the cases in the
supply houses with twice the space and lots of tiny pockets for tools.
It took me many tool cases to find one that really worked- i.e. fostered
the image I strove for AND facilitated all necessary tools IN ORDER.  Tall
order, I know.
I picked up four little storage cases for $5.00 at Payless which fit
EXACTLY in the large pouches.  Man, its cool.  I don't have to go out to
the car again unless there's reeeeaaaal trouble.

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"The Buddha, the Godhead, is just as at home in the circuits of a computer
or the action of piano as on the top of a mountain or the petals of a Lotus
flower."
-Robert Persig (freely interpreted by undersigned)