Salespeople vs. Technicians

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:57:47 -0600

----------
> From: Richard Anderson <tknostf@foxvalley.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Salespeople vs. Technicians
> Date: Tuesday, March 18, 1997 3:22 AM
>
>  Then, in the last two
> years I had three customers
>  take advantage of me to the tune of about
> $10,000.

Since it sounds like you are still out 10K , this has worked for me,
(on two occasions).  Go straight to the DA.  Don't bother lawyers, or
worry about small claims (unless they tell you).   For some reason
when people get just a phone call  from the DA they react 10 times
faster than letters from lawyers. Go figure.  (Hint, the DA doesn't
charge you $50 to write a letter)
	Once I sold a piano, was told the check is in the mail, shook hands
and moved to another state. Well a year later the mail was a little
slow, and the guy I shook hands with was no longer there etc etc.
Finally I wrote to the DA.  They wrote back saying they had contacted
the offending party.  Two weeks later the check was in the mail box.
	BTW.  The DA really likes to hear that you have receipts of at least
two proof of mailings to the address involved.
Richard Moody