Pedal Harp

Gordon Wilson gwilson@prairienet.org
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:50:51 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Ferdinand Pointer wrote:

> Bob,
>  What your client has is a pedal harpsichord. This instrument is independent
> of the harpsichord sitting on top of it. Its three 'ranks' are called choirs
> on a harpsichord. This combination is a dream come true for any organist to
> practice on, so why break them up?  I have no idea what this instrument is
> worth, but if you contact the Harpsichord Clearing House in Massachusetts,
> owned by Glenn Gitarri, you can find out what this type of instrument should
> bring. The Harpsichord Clearing House has a web page but I lost the address
> in a glich.

==========================>http://www.harpsichord.com

 You can list instruments for sale there and a small charge is
> made if it sells.
>
> Ferdinand Pointer, RPT
> Clearwater, FL
>
> >Has anyone had any experince with a pedal harp?
> >A client of mine has a 7' Sabithil & Son two manual, four rank
> >harpsichord. Under this instrument sits a three rank harp, basically a
> >mirror of the instrument above. At the key board end, under your feet,
> >is a full organ pedal assembly activating the three ranks of strings in
> >the pedal harp ( 10.5' in length by 58" in width). My client would like
> >to know what the pedal harp is worth. We have tryed to locate the maker
> >on Vanvouver Island B.C. with no sucess.

Gordon Wilson           http://www.keyboardstudio.com
Keyboard Studio         Urbana, Illinois   800-821-1197
gwilson@keyboardstudio.com       gwilson@prairienet.org
local voice 217-328-3975      fax 217-328-3983