Hear Historical Temperaments on Tape

Donald Mitchell dsmitch@pacifier.com
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:43:02 -0800 (PST)

This is a very wonderfull project.  I teach at the Emil Fries Piano
Hospital and Training Center in Vancouver, WA.  I have been looking for a
recording like this for a long time.

The one problem with such recordings is the natural wow and flutter
inhearent to even the best tape recordings.  I would encourage having
these recordings put on CD as it is much more reilyable for faithfull
reproduction of the subtle tone reproduction necessary for listening to
tuning.