Hearing Aids and Voicing

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:44:45 -0500 (EST)

Jeff -

I agree.  Or I may say, "The tone dies very quickly."  I don't think either
way is a lie, just not the whole truth.  It is not necessary to state facts
which only cause pain to the customer or to your reputation as a tactful
tuner.

<<
      Rather than say; "Gee, you're really deaf aren't you?", I find it more
 diplomatic to agree with the customer that the top end of the piano has
 "little tonal character" or  that the strings are so short that there is
"not
 much response up there".  >>