THE POWER OF THE LIST.

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 06:50:20 -0600

----------
> From: TunerJeff@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: THE POWER OF THE LIST.
> Date: Monday, March 17, 1997 12:30 AM
>
> Dear Barrie, Charles, & List Folk,
>
>      I find the comments about manufacturers and suppliers using the List
for
> 'spamming' people with differing opinions truly frightening. I'd
appreciate
> knowing which of these folks feel they can get away with such activities.
>
>      Please E-Mail me copies of posts from these destructive and
> mean-spirited types. I am having a hard time believing that an industry
> supplier or piano builder would feel that they can profit by such
activity.
> Please show me examples of the types of posts you are referring to... I
need
> to see it to believe it. I'm not happy sitting here wondering WHO would
do
> such a thing, I want examples of the activity, please.
> Respond privately... the List doesn't need to waste bandwidth on it.
> Thanks.
>
> Disgusted,
> Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
> Oregon Coast Piano Services
> TunerJeff @ aol.com

Dear Jeff,
I personally do not know quite the postings you are referring to.  Are you
talking about my postings about this particular Belarus piano?  So far as I
can tell all the postings since are true to the technicians experience.
Salesmans claim are just salesmans claims and nothing seems to change
those.  Am I taking this wrong?
Thanks,
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com