CAUT's Ethical quandary

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 16:35:26 -0500 (EST)

John Page and list,

You made a comment...We all know a salesman will tell you anything to make a
sale.  This is part of the problem.  People make general comments that ALL
salesman this...and All salesman that.  I have been a tech for many years now
and have also been a top saleman with a large North West dealer.  We should
NEVER make general comments like this.  I find most salespeople in this
business want to deliver the best instrument someone can afford to buy.  I do
not LIE to make a sale and wish that comments like this would cease.  No good
can come from this type of  talk.  We need salespeople to sell and they need
us to tune.  Working together for the common good of pianos and music is what
we should be in the business for.  Let us not say things that devide us.
  There are good and bad salespeople and good and bad tuners.  Be careful not
to over generalize.

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning and Repair