Damper puzzle

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 18:51:35 -0800 (PST)

Well, if it wasn't a floating rail, or the hangers, but the rod was hanging
unevenly, that only leaves the retainers for the hangers. Bushing wadded up
so the hanger was above or below a double layer? Screw hole for a hanger
mount stripped, so that some _ignorant person_ made a new one the wrong
place? A retainer put in UPSIDE DOWN for some inadequate reason? That groan
usually comes when the action is shifting, which is why I guessed a broken
action bracket. I'm beginning to think the groan is coming from all of us. :-)

(I'm grasping at straws)

(Darn good puzzle)

At 06:40 PM 3/15/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Jon Page wrote:
>>
>> Bottom board moving with pedal play or corrosion on
>> springs riding in felt punching.
>> Jon Page
>It had nothing to do with these.
>

>The "even but tilted lift" part makes me guess that perhaps the wooden
>action rails have come unglued and the dampers are now attached to a
>floating rail.
>
>Tom Seay, RPT
>
>That was my first guess also!
>
>>The damper lift rod hangers are not aligned properly.
>>Newton
>
>The hangers were fine, Newton
>
>>Broken action brackets? The supports for the action brackets way too low at
>>one end?
>>Susan & Tom
>
>The action brackets were whole.
>
>Newton was real close to it.  The rail wasn't hanging right but it
>wasn't the fault of the hangers.  If no one guesses tonight, I'll post
>the answer tomorrow!
>
>Good Luck!
>
>Warren
>

>--