falling pianos

Kgj38@aol.com Kgj38@aol.com
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 22:23:37 -0500 (EST)

One more "horror" story.  When we moved from Wis to Minn, we hired a piano
mover to haul my Kawai UST7 up the staircase of our upper duplex.  He arrived
without a helper and pressed my husband and a friend into service.  They were
up a half a dozen steps when he lost his grip and dropped the piano onto my
unsuspecting husband and friend.  They did not catch it.  However, the mover
didn't say anything until I noticed the damage to the piano finish.  (gouged
down to bare wood in several places, nicks, scratches, etc., on an ebony
matte finish)  I thought I would die.  After my husband spoke to him, he
offered to pay for the cabinet repairs.  No internal damage occured, lucky
for him.  It's funny when it happens to someone elses instrument, but when
it's yours....

Karen Johnson
Kgj@aol.com