Can't tune a thing

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:46:58 -0500 (EST)

Dear List:

Thanks for all the "stuff" to consider.  It's an elementary school piano
that was NOT moved in the hour or so today, but IS  moved regularly, even
over a brick floor.  But that wasn't an issue today. The musician
mentioned is COOL, and he knows how to treat an instrument.  He even
speaks fondly of Baldwins while he has less than kind comments 'bout them
thangs which ain't made in 'Merika.

I sincerely appreciate the ideas which have come so far, and hope they
will continue.  I will put them together in hard copy and present to the
teacher at some point, then if the disctrict wants to pay me minor money
to research more thoroughly, I will.  If not, next time I tune it I'll do
some "stuff" just because it's such a good learning tool.

Actually, some of this connects with my question on cheap/bad pianos-
lots of learning.

Leslie Bartlett M. Mus
lesbart@juno.com