Soft pedal spring

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:39:00 -0500

>A customer of mine just asked me this morning if it was possible to weaken
>the resistance of his soft pedal (Baldwin R).
>
>Is there a way to make the spring weaker? Or should I just replace it?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Marcel Carey, RPT

Remove the spring and take it to a large vise and flatten it gradually and
as far as it will go.  Remove from vise and reinstall.  If too weak remove
the spring and take it to a large vise and unflatten it or bend it any old
way you can.  I have done many a S&S but not a Baldone.
        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com