De Gustibus (* tuning)?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 17:20:47 -0500 (EST)

Greetings all;

Don writes, inre different ET tuners;
> I feel that these differences between tuners are at least as large as the
differences >between well and equal temperaments in the resulting sound of
the instrument, >and so this complicates the evaluation of the tuning
systems.

      Wow!  Now this makes me wonder if I have read this right.  The
resulting sound of a piano tuned in something such as a Kirnberger/Prinz is
way different than that of equal temperament.
     It seems to me that if there was a correspondingly large difference
between two tuners tuning ET, one of them would not be passing any tuning
tests.  Have I read the original post wrong?

Regards,
Ed Foote
( our cozy tech room sorta feels like a battle-zone these days...... I'm not
mad at anybody, OK?  I love pianos, and I like most people that do too!) )