Merino & Bacon Felt (Large, 10K!)

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 12:48:39 -0500 (EST)

I'm sure I join many others with thanks to Earl Dunlap (from Bacon Felt Co.)
for appearing on the list, and Earl, I hope you'll stay in touch. I consider
hammers the #1 mystery (and delight) of the piano, even ahead of soundboards,
and an area where information is hard to come by.

 >> We at Bacon easily count twenty to thirty factors
which must be considered in the engineering and production of the product
our customers require.   When divided into subgroupings, the list becomes
far longer.  (I would, incidentally, be happy to expand on this to those
with further interest.)  <<

You may be sorry you said that when we pepper you with questions! Expand,
expand! Question #1: Can you generalize, even in a rudimentary way, on the
differences in properties of felts for the different traditions?

Bob Davis
Stockton, CA