Piano Plate Refinishing

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 16:52:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Ed.

One other thing you can try is Rust-O-Leum's Metallic Gold Finish
which is sold in spray cans. It dries very quickly, doesn't run,
touches up almost like lacquer, won't bleed through, and best of
all, LOOKS GREAT! Your plate will come out looking like it was cast
from gold bullion taken from Fort Knox. Don't try to clear-coat it.
It doesn't need it. You can give the plate half a dozen coats or so
in one day. The only caution is, DON'T handle it until it is thorough-
ly dry and when you do, make sure that your hands are clean!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net