Sealed pianos

Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:38:52 -0700

Sam,

Do you by any chance mean the Weaver?

The ones I have seen had pot metal arms similar to what you describe.
Under the right atmospherics, they might appear to be iron, or perhaps had
been finished.

Just curious.

Best.

Horace

><< I appreciate this forum for being one of
> those resources.   >>
>      Dear Mr. Moody: I am trying to remember the name of one drop action
>spinet I reconditioned once. It had iron drop lifters screwed to the back of
>the keys that dropped down below the whippen and picked it up there. Of
>course, there were no capstans or equivalent anywhere. Was it a Werner?
>Cannot remember. Here in Chicago we have a few good quality beautiful
>uprights that no-one will pay to restore.
>Since they are stored in a warehouse by my movers and I cannot continue to
>pay the storage, they will have to be scrapped. The most beautiful I will
>hold out as long as I can. Isn't that a shame? In 10 years or so, people will
>covet these upright "grands" again, with their long string length and tone
>and they will be gone. It is unfortunate. Anyway, your discourse touched a
>chord in me and I had to respond. Regards, Sam Grossner Chicago.

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,
		nothing annoys them so much.

			-	Oscar Wilde