sealed pianos

Carol Beigel carolb@earthlink.net
Sat, 08 Mar 1997 18:37:32 -0800 (PST)

I have often come across those Everett studios with the hex screws in the
back.  One place consistently had the lid bent up (brute force). Once, I
couldn't find my hex wrench and discovered that just about any action
regulating tool that fits into a combination handle would fit in the hex
nut.  You just put the end of tool that would normally go into the
combination handle into the hex, clamp your vice grips on the tool, and
turn!  Also works on square screws on Canadian pianos!  I guess this fix
fits into the category of "rubber band tricks" but sometimes it's nice to
know these things!

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland