Sealed pianos

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sat, 08 Mar 1997 07:44:18 -0500 (EST)

Keith and List

n a message dated 97-03-07 17:57:21 EST, you write:

<< if a tech
 can undo the allen head bolt with a screwdriver, then most likely a student
 can as well.  Hence, the allen wrench concept, to literally secure the bolt
 *very* tight, beyond the use of a screwdriver. >>

I ran into one in a school where some enterprising person had filled the hex
hole with some rock-solid compound that was impossible to dig out.  I had to
resort to using vice-grips on the perimeter of the screw!

Bill Maxim, RPT