Sealed pianos

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 07 Mar 1997 19:32:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Avery.

I guess this one fits in under the "sealed piano" thread. A couple of
years ago I was called in to service an S&S "L" that was exhibiting
some action problems. I removed the check block screws easily,  and
then the key-slip, check blocks and fall board. No problem. Until I
tried to remove the action. It simply wouldn't budge. Further inves-
tigation revealed that a charter member of the BPTA ( Bozo Piano
Technicians of America) had turned the glides up all the way and then-
now get this--glued the keyframe to the keybed! Talk about frustration!
It turned some relatively routine action-work into a major PITA. And,
yes, my sense of frustration was clearly reflected in my bill! :-)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net