grand hammershanks

Larry Beach lbeach@sfu.ca
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 19:09:26 -0800 (PST)

Dear List:
I have a Willis Grand that has had work done on it in the past, some of it
not so good.  I believe that the hammer shanks were replaced with some
generic shank during a hammer replacement at one time.  There are a number
of regulation and touchweight problems at this time, all of which would be
corrected if the hammer knuckle were placed maybe 2 mm or so closer to the
hammer from the shank flange screw.  Does anyone know what the exact shank
replacement should be, according to the manufacturers specifications?  It
would be comforting to have this to support my calculations.  Also, in terms
of hammer replacement, how can I decide what hammer dimensions and weight
are best to use?

Larry Beach
Vancouver BC
Canada.