Beckets, revisited

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 21:41:11 -0500 (EST)

 Boy,! Did I have a good day today ! !

After pondering this problem , and bringing it before the
'list' a while ago, I think I nailed that sucker today.

We were discorsing on the placement of the 'becket'.
My concern was even beckets ( but I had a problem with
tight quarters, ei; end of plate, up against front strut).
I thought out different tools and over-engineered a few,
I even made the extension for my cutters; but a simple, flat,
thin piece of wood hit me right in the face.
(It was like trying to find that tool or part that you can't find
because it's right in front of you).
The final product would be brass, probably. There also
could be a few variations on the tool;  but I would
like to propose a 'net-tech-novation'.  I can send a jpg.
to anyone interested in this little critter and together
we can make improvements (like, I doubt it).

This tool basically measures where the wire is to be cut.
It works in tight quarters and applies equal pressure for
consistant cuts. ( I was amazed every time I used it.)
Like I said, it was a good day.

This post may be premature as I have not yet chipped this piano.
But the concept is sound and you vill like it.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)