Hammer Softener

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 11:57:40 -0600 (CST)

>A leading American manufacturer states in their service manual-- for
>a softer tone, 25% water to 75% metanol. . For a brighter tone
>100-200 grams of keytop material (acrylic??) to 1 gallon of acetone.
>(little under 4 liters)

Currently I am experimenting with a hammer softener product from Pianotek.
I have done two different relatively new hammer brands.  Each responded
differently in the degree of softness achieved with each application.  One
brand needed only one application for the desired results, the other brand,
two applications

I am satisfied that hammer softener definitely has its place for certain
jobs, but it takes quite awhile to completely dry.  If it only dried as
quickly as Supertone does, that would be great.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731