lubricants

Biul@aol.com Biul@aol.com
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 19:01:21 -0500 (EST)

<< I used a piece of steel wool to clean some bass strings,
 after a while my fingers felt a little damp.  The pad had Protek on it.
 Grabbed the wrong one.   Strings were duller sounding.  >>

I have switched to the 3M stripping pads for cleaning bass strings after
trying to remove the steel strands which stuck in the coils when steel wool
was used.

I honestly don't know if the steel makes a difference in the sound but it
made me uneasy.

Bill carmichael
Memphis  TN