Chickering Stringscale

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 23:58:06 -0600

Oh no ...
	In my Travis book "A Guide to Restringing" 1961 (Second Printing
1972) page 190 lists a Lauter but no Chickering.  Lauter than ever,
the thread hasn't died. :) especially since it got entangled with
Estey... an oderfirous whatever...
	However on page 130 is an "Acoustigrand" size 5' .  No half sizes,,
interesting to note.
Surprising that the Quarter Grunt ... excuse me "Quarter Grand" isn't
mentioned in my edition.

Richard Twobits
----------
> From: Danny Moore <danmoore@ih2000.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Chickering Stringscale
> Date: Sunday, March 02, 1997 9:14 PM
>
> Lance Lafargue wrote:
>
>   Dear List;
>
>   Can anyone help me get the stringscale for a Chickering (approx
5')
>   scale
>   #122?  It does not appear to be in the Travis book.
>   Lance Lafargue, RPT
>
> Lance,
> The #122 is detailed on page 190 of John Travis' book, or at least
they
> are labeling it "Chickering Quarter Grand, Style 122, #113029.
Send me