Piano Mover

Wallace F. Wilson (WV) UniversityofCharleston
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 17:14:48 -0500 (EST)

>There is a battery powered motorized piano moving dolly that moves on a
>cleated rubber track called the Roscoe Piano Dolly invented by two brothers
>in Florida whose last name is Roscoe.  At a NAMM show,  I saw it climb a mock
>stairwell with ease with a Steinway D loaded on it!

I believe I sent a post on 2/26 mentioning the Roscoe.  I happen to own one,
which we purchased used.  Your story is right - it does all the things you
mention.  Actually, it is made by Bob and Roscoe Arbogast.  I know Bob, who
runs the South Charleston store (WV), about an hour from us.  You can
contact Bob at Arbogast Music in South Charleston at 304-768-6002, or his
brother in Florida at 907-689-5145.  Good luck.  They are a bit pricey.
Their real value is in stair climbing, especially with grands.  Just dashing
down the hall you're as well off to use a skid on a dolly or a selpo.   Hope
this helps!
Wally Wilson