The frustrated Pianist

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 01:54:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Don Mannino wrote:

> I don't think this is a recent story, but I believe it is a true one.
I read this account when I was in music school some 20 (gasp!) years ago.

> Don Mannino

Right you are, Don. I believe the year was 1976. I first saw the review
in what was then "Piano Quarterly". Later I heard it repeated on "The
Johnny Carson Show" and I believe he eventually had pianist Kropp on as
a guest. The details are really unimportant. It's a great story and thanks
to Warren for bringing it to my attention once again. It brightened up
my day considerably.

Best Wishes to All,

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net