Blacksmithing

Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:43:08 -0700

Richard Moody wrote:

> I am wondering if there is an article or book some where that
> describes tempering of steel and iron. . .

I can suggest two, if they are still available.
"The Making of Tools" (1974) Library of Congress Catalog Card Number
72-7847, ISBN 0 442-29360-7, and
"The Modern Blacksmith" (1974) Library of Congress Catalog Card Number
73-14101, ISBN 0 442-29363-1

Both were written by Alexander G. Weygers.
Published by Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, Inc.

These two paperback books were written by a mechanical engineer/ship
builder/blacksmith for amateurs. They've helped me a lot. Hope you can
find them.

ddf