cleaning

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 19:02:27 -0700

REALPIANOS@aol.com wrote:

> Warren wrote,
> >> Under the strings, I use Spulock's set of soundboard tools
>
> Warren, and or List,
>
> Does Spurlock have an alternative tool to the soundboard steel ?
> No matter how hard I try to be careful when cleaning sb, there are always a
> few little bright spots on the bass strings from where the steel has nicked
> them.

Yes Tom,

His tools are made of brass wire with felt over the working end.  You
insert it between unisons and scrub the felted end back and forth across
the soundboard while you vacuum overhead with the crevice tool.  There
are three different sizes for different parts of the string area.  You
can clean about 95% of the large section of the board and on many grands
the smallest tool can be used between the bridge and the plate and also
around the bass bridge.  This is the best system I've used.  The brass
wire will not mark the strings unless you really get carried away.

Hope this helps,

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List