Piano Mystery

Bonifield/Poulson bonifarm@oro.net
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:58:41 +0000

Warren et. al.: Thank you for your responses.  I can't see how dented
wippin cushions can cause anything but lost motion.  However, your
suggestion got me to thinking.  Obviously the hammer butt leather wears
at the same rate as the rest of the action.  Could this be the cause of
the problem?  An indented hammer butt would effectively make the butt
smaller, and therefore not go as far toward the string with the same
amount of letoff as a larger or unworn butt.  Am I on the right track?
Pat