cleaning -Reply

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 13:49:00 -0700

David Graham wrote:

> I have heard good things about the string covers made by Edwards,
> (as in LeRoy) but don't have any personal experience with them. They
> are supposed to help keep the bass strings from corroding as well.
> .-

David,
Speaking from personal experience, they indeed do as you say and more.
It is my pleasure to tune, on 6-month intervals, a Kawai KG-2 fitted
with string cover since 1-1/2 years old. Cleaning the soundboard/action
cavity/tuning pin area is a matter of removing the cover and shaking off
the particles of music, etc. No vacuum required. The piano looks
absolutely brand new inside and I remember that tuning stability
improved noticeably after the cover was installed.
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA