The exodus

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 03:40:46 -0500

----------
> From: Warren Fisher <fish@communique.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: The exodus
> Date: Friday, June 20, 1997 10:34 PM
>
> Comments interspersed
>

> :-)  Seriously, I have always had problems in that area where the
scale
> changes from agraffes to iron!!  Even with lubrication, there is a
whole
> lot of difference in the feel through the tuning hammer. That first
> unison on the v-bar is always the one that is going to slip if any!
 Do
> you have any good tricks to handle that?

Danm these interesting tid bits that get buried in fly by subject
lines postings.   : )
I tried protek. I was happy with the results.  However there was also
old felt involved that old strings were rubbing on. Whether or not
this acts as a cutting fluid or lubricant time will tell.  My
complaint about the problem you mention above is that the first note
on the V bar tends to be also the first note next to a cut in the
bridge  (a cut to let a plate strut pass).  A credible technical
excuse, can save the account.  Maybe we should post some of these.  ;
)

> > PS It sure is good to only have 40 or 50 posts a day isn't it?

Hmm Am I missing out? , I usually only get 24 or 25.  When I was gone
for three days there were 75 waiting.

rm