The exodus

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:26:35 -0700 (MST)

Hi Warren:

In your last post you mentioned having unison trouble on the first
unison on the V-bar, I assume we are talking Grands here.

The only suggestion I can make is that pounding the first string extra
hard, so that it does not move anymore before tuning in the unisons
should help stability..

Since I do less concert tuning, I've noticed that I have slacked off
a bit in the pressure I apply to the keys and the strings. In normal
home use, this does not seem to make much difference, for I can come
back a year later and the piano still sounds good with itself. But in
concert use, or heavy use, if I do not really sock it to it, the piano
can go out of tune in a short time.

Jim Coleman, Sr.