cleaning

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:46:15 -0700

Danny,

Get a fifty pound bag of cat-litter (the clay granules).  Pack the
action, keybed,and all the felt you can with the stuff and leave it for
about a week..  Use a reversed vacuum or a high pressure hose to blow
the granules out afterwards.  It ain't perfect, but it gets most of it.
Go to an antique store and get some Kotten Klenser and rub all the wood
finish with the stuff (it looks like "go-Joe")  It will remove all the
wax and dirt and get back down to the basic finish. It neutralizes smoke
very well!   Most of the outside odor is in the wax build-up.  If you
can't find any (Kotten Klenser), I'll look up the address of the
manufacturer for you.  You can also clean the keytops with it if they
are plastic. It is non-toxic and will not hurt your hands or the finish
unless it is already tacky-sticky.  Then it takes it down to the bare
wood.  Give it a mineral spirits wash afterwards.

Hope this helps,

Warren

Danny Moore wrote:

> Rob Stuart-Vail wrote:
>
> > 'Bout time we started talking about how to keep pianos clean.
>
> OK Rob, I've got one for you and anyone else who will offer some
> insight!
 daughter does NOT

--
Home of the Humor List