plastic elbow question..

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Fri, 20 Jun 97 21:36:56

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:53:12 -0600, DICK BEATON wrote:

>I just have to put my two bits worth in on the plastic elbow procedures...
>First...dont use side cutters!  If they slip to one side you will split the
>wippen!
>Use flat long nose pliars with jaws the same width as the elbow.  File some
>ridges in them if need be.
>You don't need a TORCH!!  Just get a small soldering iron at Radio Shack.
>It doesn't take much heat to soften it enough to pull it off the pin.  Pull
>the remainder of the felt bushing off with your pliars.
>To help save your back, put a blanket or something over the piano, pull it
>away from the wall and tip it back against the wall.  You can then just sit
>down in front of it cross legged and go to it.
>Use those same pliars to break the old plastic away from the wire.
>Dick..RPT  Montana  (Out in the boonies with the sheeeeeep hurders)

My, My, My, how things always seem to get taken out of context on this list!!!
I was advocating doing the job out of the piano using side cutters to cut the wire off of
the elbow after it's already off of the wippen.
				Greg

P.S. I appologize if I was somehow unclear, even though I can't see how I was.
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
gnewell@en.com