unsubscribing

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:23:55 -0500 (CDT)

Part of Warren Fisher's post:
>Jim, I'm getting CAUT in digest form and the little I glanced at it, you
>ain't missed much yet!  What I've seen so far is a bunch of back-patting
>and trying to arrange it so the non-cauts can be identified or kept off
>the list.  Does that sound familiar? I think those people should  get
>their own list-server and monitor it anyway they like!
>What'cha think?...

Dear Warren, List,

This truly amazes me.  You are talking about your own colleagues here, the
very ones who were the original reason pianotech even exists.  You suggest
"those people" get their own list-server when you are a visitor yourself on
someone else's list server.  Where is the sanity in this type of thinking.
I'd like to believe this is some form of humor on your part, but alas, no
smiley face  :-(

College and University Technicians (caut), which became an official entity
via the Piano Technicians Guild long ago, is the reason an Internet list
was created.  I quote part of the history:
>Jack Reeves             jack_reeves@byu.edu
======================================
Even though it was specifically set up to serve the needs of caut, non-caut
persons have never been excluded from participating on the list since its
inception.

So what is the problem here.  Pianotech continues to serve its subscribers
in a ongoing process greater than it's originally intent, and is
continually growing.  Caut is experiencing a new birthing process with its
re-established forum, ptg-l has its excellent medium, and Warren, you even
have your own place with the humor list.

Warren, what you call "a bunch of back-patting" could easily be nothing
more than sincere fellowship.  Please, don't let the other lists and those
who subscribe to them become a scapegoat just because they wish to have a
specific purpose.

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
Registered Piano Technician