Susan, Sam and list

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

At 11:32 PM 6/17/97 -0500, Paul wrote:
>List:
>    I once had this sliding-hammer coil setting tool, but quit using it
>after I heard that it might nick the bottom of the wire and cause
>premature wire failure.  A prominent technician in our area discovered
>that after he used the tool (which he used to use regularly) would
>cause wires to break, and he stopped using it.  Anyone have this
>experience?
>Paul McCloud, RPT  San Diego Chapter

Thanks for passing that on, Paul. I've never had wire break from it, but it
might bear a little investigation, by taking some wire off and looking at
the bottom of the coil under magnification. It might also be good to look at
the various tools under magnification and see if there was an especially
sharp or rough edge on his.

I use the tool mainly to lift or tap down coils while the string is well
below pitch, which might affect the results some.

Susan

-
Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"My great ambition is to build something that will last, at least until I've
finished building it."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant