Steinway service

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:10:09 -0500 (CDT)

Part of Ralph Martin's post:
>...They obviously need more than one for that particular job. Why else
>would he be looking...
>
>In the days when I ran keyboard chains (many five store and up to
>twenty-six store), my telephones were ANSWERED..or I found out why. It's
>hard enough to acquire customers without my alienating them with poor
>service.
>
>Now you guys can attack and dreaw some good Irish blood!

Mr. Martin, List,

You are making an erroneous conclusion based on personal feelings and past
experience.  There was no reference in the original post as to what
position Steinway has open or is seeking to fill.

And if this is an example of one of the ways you handled your umpteen
stores, I could hardly imagine your ability to effectively monitor and
supervise the persons who were employed under your leadership.  One thing
is for certain, you *do* understand the meaning of alienation.

Please note, you did request such a response    :-)

Keith A. McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild